What’s in Our DNA?
Our role in the world is public science learning. See what what drives us, what we aspire to, and who we are as we seek to make the world a better place through science.
A world where science belongs to each of us for the good of all of us.
- Everyone: We are everyone's Museum. We pursue equity and celebrate every person for who they are. We foster an inclusive environment in which we value and respect diversity.
- Service: We serve our colleagues and community. We hold ourselves accountable to be a trustworthy public resource, and to support a sustainable, just, and evidence-based future.
- Learning: We love learning. We are curious about the world and want to share our joy and wonder with others. We value open minds and recognize that everyone has more to explore, discover, and create.
- Connection: We find strength in connections. We collaborate across communities, organizations, and disciplines to make science relevant and accessible to all.
- Boldness: We dream big. We boldly push ourselves forward, pursuing new ideas and challenges. We experiment and learn from our failures as we seek to inspire purpose, spark imagination, and encourage hope.
Leading the Way
One of the world's largest science centers and New England's most highly attended cultural institution, the Museum of Science is ideally positioned to lead the nationwide effort to promote engineering education awareness, bringing science, technology, and mathematics alive through its exhibits, programs, and more.
The governing body of the Museum of Science prepares, publicizes, and is guided by the Museum's mission to play a leading role in transforming the nation's relationship with science and technology. Find out more about the Museum's president and trustees and museum advisors, or examine our annual reports and code of ethics.